Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

trying to find signatures

Hello,

I've posted a question before about a cymbal I have and I thank the people who helped me.

This is another question. I think I have figured out the signature that is under my Made In Italy cymbal but to make sure it is correct, I wonder if someone might have a signature of Zinjian?? This is what I believe the signature is but it is faded. I have used photoshop to get most of the letters and I keep coming up with Zinjian which has some history from what I'm learning.

The cymbal is approx. 10inches. It looks to be spun and not hammered. It has the Made in Italy stamp on the top and a signature under located in the bell region. The underside edge is warn as though it was used as a hi-hat.

thank you

I would upload images but I'm not an IT guy.

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi, could that word be ZANCHI ?

Posted on 15 years ago

Hello,

No it is definitly not that word. I believe I got Ziejian.

thank you

Posted on 15 years ago

I'm sorry, the work is Zinjian

Posted on 15 years ago

Hello,

No it is definitly not that word. I believe I got Zinjian.

thank you

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Hi. Zenjians, as you know, were Italian-made cymbals made for some American drum co's.

You probably also found out that Zenjians typically have an embossed stamp on the cymbal...which has often caused them to be incorrectly attributed to being made by Zildjian.

The Hugo Pinkstorber book does say that they existed prior to the Zenjian, under the name of Zinjian. So it could be one of those....the problem is...that signature is just too faint, so all we have to go on is saying "it really looks like it says"...

cymbalholics.com may have some info on their site...but they are a closed forum and their search engine kinda sucks ( I used to hang there but they had a bit of a...civil war a few years ago....and the fascists won, so to speak)...but you can try looking....it's an informative site.

Vintage Italian cymbals just don't have a great archived history...I mean, if not for drumaholic here in the US...who has painstakingly, as a labor of love, spent years and years determining chrononologies of American and Turkish makers, particularly Zildjian, there wouldn't be a very good historical outline available here, either.

Did you contact UFIP ? They are usually very friendly about vintage cymbal inquiries (unlike others)....they may not have an answer, but would likely return your e-mail.

[email]ufipmail@tin.it[/email]

[email]info@ufip.com[/email][/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Jaye,

Thank you for your response. Right now I believe I can confirm this signature because of the ornate script that was used. I can make out much of it and I'm sure this is a one of a kind signature. What I need to see is an actural signature of Zinjian, then I will be able to confirm. I will go ahead an send an email out to the company and see what kind of help I get.

thank you

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="Sienna"]also, try contacting John Aldridge, of Not So Modern Drummer...he may be able to give you some leads. Sorry, I don't have his e-mail but if you websearch his name, you should find some way to contact him.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here