Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

To Webmaster

I think there should be a place for before and after shots of restoration projects. Also a place for deals that people have gotten. It would make the site even cooler.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 15 years ago

Hey Drumbum3131!

Have you scored a set or snare yet?

I did have a section on the main web site called "Restoration Corner" which featured the work of a member here. I have to dig that up.

This would be something that I would put on the main web site if people send the before/after and some copy describing the transformation. (Did I hear Dave needs articles?)

That door is always open for members.

In regards to the best deals, I thought about that a little and if we post the best deals and then the guy wants to sell it for more later, we will remember the post or section.

Then if he got it for $30 and wants to sell it for $800 people will want to challenge that. I think most of the holy grail great deals are discussed on the side lines and or between drumming friends. To post that info for everyone to see might cause trouble.

I can also see people sending Ebay sellers to the page saying "See, that guy got it for $100, why are you selling it for $900"

So, lets see what others might have to say on this topic now that I have given my thoughts. Maybe others can give me the pros and cons as well.

Thanks

David

Posted on 15 years ago

The way things are now works good for me... you can choose whether to reveal what you paid or not, at any time, on any post anyway... if there were a designated forum for pricing, it could easily be manipulated by less than forthright individuals, and besides, having to go back through the threads to find your answers tends to help me learn and remember more ... so far, I have found that questions I ask which have been addressed already in previous threads are not answered directly, but guidance is given as to where the answer may be for me to find myself... it's better for me not to have everything laid out on a silver platter... ( these are just some of the thoughts that ramble around in my brain, every now and then one or two will escape ).....:2Cents:

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here