Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Three more vintage cymbals

#5 Zildjian 12 1/4 in dia. .045 in at the rim.

#6 not marked 16 in dia., .031 in at the rim.

#7 a pair, each marked with a S. 14 1/8 in. dia. .035 and .040 at the rim.

The final three. I only posted one cymbal of the #7 hi hats(?)

Any input on age, history, and value would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Posted on 15 years ago

#5 = 1930's

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]NOW WE'RE TALKIN' !!!!

#5, vintage as D'hoilic says, value = $100 if no issues (cracks/dents) and less than 600g.

#6...No sign of any mark at all, even a faded signature under the bell ? It looks like a good cymbal, a B20 with nice lathing, not a pc. of garbage. Maybe Italian. Worth $50-100 if no damage & it isn't too heavy (i.. 1200g or less).

#7...Marked with just an embossed "S" ? These are vintage A. Zildjian seconds...or what today would be called "blems". A pair of 14" 'hats if in good shape...$100. these are funny, no Zildjian "S" which I have ever seen really seemed to have any issues with 'em....they all seemed like good 'ol regular Avedises to me... I guess quality control was tighter back then...

OK, there, so...finally...a good $300 worth of solid old A. Zildjian cymbals right here with these 2, plus a decent looking vintage crash...so that makes me feel more comfortable with what you paid for the entire package. I was hoping there were some good old cymbals in there...and here they are.

So you paid around $1600 for all of it, yes?....and I had said about $1100 total for the drums and the bags....$100 total for those odd old-skool cymbals...and now add another $300 for these....so....

The price was right-in-there, after all. Not a steal, not a ripoff. Just normal market value.

Mallet Player2

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here