Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

This Cymbal ?? Last viewed: 5 days ago

This past November I was in South America in Quito Ecuador. I was rehearsing in a studio there during the week for a show on the weekend and they provided the studio drum kit for me to rehearse and use on the performance.

Decent instruments are at a premeium there but I had a nice Gretsch Blackhawk set and all A Zildjian cymbals except the ride. I had never seen one like this so I snapped a pic on my cell phone thinking I will show the guys on the forum and see what they think. I forgot until I was going through my pics this morning.

It was a 20" ride. Pretty heavy with dimples in it that were raised on the opposite side. It was a nice dry sounding cymbal and was fine. I had no complaints. Is it Italian? I have no clue. There were no markings on it I could see. I did wipe it up and also cleaned up the set and tuned it. I don't think it had been used for awhile.

[IMG]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l37/1vibes/CYMBALS%20%20Misc/IMG_0773.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 12 years ago

The first thing I thought of when looking at it was a Camber "Savage" Series Ride with the logos gone. They came out in the late 80's and were Camber's answer to Paiste RUDE's. Did Camber ever stamp a trademark into their cymbals?

That's my best guess, but it is just that, a guess.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here