I don't know if this was mentioned here before or not, but I just got my copy of the new Gretsch Drum Book by Rob Cook and John Sheridan. Its excellent IMHO and worth the $40. It contains everything you ever wanted to know about Gretsch (well, that may be a stretch). Available from Rob's site Rebeats .com.

So why am I mentioning this in the Vintage cymbal forum? Why, because Gretsch was once the distributor of Istanbul K Zildjians, and on pages 250 and 251 is Bill Hartrick's guide to vintage Ks! According to Rob, it was published with his permission. Its the first time I've seen it published anywhere since the mid 2000's on Cymbalholic. While I long ago downloaded Bill's various cymbal guides from Cymbalholic, very few people seem to have access to his original work. I've never shared my copies with anyone because I never asked Bill for his permission to do so. But that's in the past. The Old K guide is now in full color for all the world to see. Thanks Drumaholic.

Note, this is just Bill's Old K guide. He still hasn't republished his guides for vintage A. Zildjians and Constantinoples to the best of my knowledge. Perhaps that is in the works as well.