Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

The most unusual Zildjian I've ever seen.

Had this 20" ride for awhile.It has an almost 8" bell and marked 'FLAT TOP' & 'MEDIUM RIDE'.I may have posted this before but got no responses. I've showed it to a few vintage drum people in the Kansas City area but all I got from them was "GEE....I DON'T KNOW".[Attachment: 98799]

[Attachment: 98800]

[Attachment: 98801]

[Attachment: 98802]

4 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Documented from the mid to late 60s for a time. It has a large diameter (8") bell which is flat on top. Don't think it took off as a model and wasn't around very long. They also come in THIN:

[img]http://black.net.nz/avedis/images/flat-top-thin.jpg[/img]

That's about all I know about them. I've never met one in person.

Posted on 8 years ago

I had one of these long ago. Unique flat top bell....HUGE. Mine came with my first used kit. I remember it was a bit on the heavy side. Steve did these come in sizes larger than 20"? Memory is fuzzy but think mine was larger.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 8 years ago

I don't know if they came in other diameters than 20". I collect info as I come across it but there isn't anything in my database about these. I haven't really been looking and I'm overdue for another data collection sweep of all eBay sales. One might turn up, when I get a chance to do the sweep. Maybe somebody else knows.

Posted on 8 years ago

That looks like Zilly at about 14 yrs old - a teenager with big zit ready to pop!

Myself, as long as it sounded good - I would love that cymbal! I hate small bells - pain in the butt to play/hit (too easy to miss and not sound right or miss altogether). Even the top of the line 2002s have much too small bells IMHO. I stick with 505s instead - and that is one of the reasons.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks Steve. I don't see many of these either. Wish I could remember more about mine.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here