Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

The before and after: 20" A. type I trans

[color=black][font=times new roman][size=+1]I used every cymbal cleaner known to man to no avail; and finally resorted to using ultra fine steel wool with as much elbow grease as I could muster up in 2 sessions. Here's the before and after from that.[/size][/font][/color]

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/drumaholic/lizziesstuff/websize/patina.jpg[/img]

[color=black][font=times new roman][size=+1]Before[/size][/font][/color]

[img]http://photos.imageevent.com/drumaholic/lizziesstuff/websize/type%20I%20trans%2020.jpg[/img]

[color=black][font=times new roman][size=+1]After[/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=times new roman][size=+1]Before soudfile[/size][/font][/color]

[color=black][font=times new roman][size=+1]After soudfile[/size][/font][/color]

Posted on 10 years ago

Looks and sounds killer. Also, thanks for not shining the crap out of it.

Posted on 10 years ago

You don't like BKF? That would have done the trick I would think.

Sounds great BTW - definite difference. Looks much better as well. I swing towards clean (vs. patina)

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 10 years ago

For some thing like that made of brass you clean it with buffing compound. It would come out like new, and you do not have to use elbow grease. You still can see that it has dirt embedded within groves. If you decide to use this that I am recommending Just go to home depot and get a kit sells for about $12.00 and you will see a difference in cleaning. I use it to clean brass drums such as these in this link http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=45229&highlight=leedy+timbales

Posted on 10 years ago

My favorite cleaning product is X.

People who are cleaners vs non cleaners.

People who are polishers vs cleaning only.

Patina is good versus shiny "like new".

Brass versus Bronze (yes, they are different).

Drum shells versus Cymbals (yes, they are different).

This has all the elements of an interesting thread...

Posted on 10 years ago

I think it looks just right. its not super polished and yet not filthy. works for me.

mike

Posted on 10 years ago

Looks good and sounds even better! Good job.

Posted on 10 years ago

That's the perfect balance of old verses new

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 10 years ago

Excellent job on this. I remember seeing a pic of this one you posted a while ago here. Man that was a lot of work I bet. But beautiful results. Was it corroded to the point that it ate into the cymbal material itself?

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 10 years ago

From FFR428

Excellent job on this. I remember seeing a pic of this one you posted a while ago here. Man that was a lot of work I bet. But beautiful results. Was it corroded to the point that it ate into the cymbal material itself?

Yes, that's exactly right. And that's why no cymbal cleaner, and I tried everything from the standard types to the exotic, did anything to get this corrosion off. Finally water and "0000" steel wool slowly removed the corrosion. It came off in the form of an orang-ish rusty looking slurry.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here