Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Super-Zyns with etched characters

Hi all, I have these old Super-Zyn Hi-Hats. They're the older, small stamp, HH type from the 50's. There are some etched characters on the riveted cymbal, I have no idea what the numbers and letters could stand for. Perhaps they were used in a drum corp or orchestra? I'm hoping someone here could shed a bit of light on that. It reads HCV #2 around the bell and there is a big B on the playing surface

Here's a photo of that. Thanks in advance.

1 attachments
90.7 kB
Posted on 9 years ago

Yeah, looks like a previous owner had an engraver and went to town. I doubt it came that way from the factory.

Posted on 9 years ago

The only factory engraving I ever saw from Zyn was for SONOR in the fifties, never saw anything else even though it may have been done. But that engraving is DIY.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks guys. I paired it up with another 50's HH Super Zyn (non riveted). The only problem is that this riveted cymbal is lighter than upper hat cymbal and you would want the riveted cymbal as the heavier bottom hi hat, but we're talking the difference of a few grams. I could remove the rivets and use it as the top hat, but they sound fine. Tasty jazz hats!

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here