Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Strange cymbal to identify

Hello,

I've had this cymbal for lord knows how long. It's a 14 incher (13 11/16" to be precise). It seems pretty heavy for it's size (don't ask me about gram weight). Looks to have hammering on the top and bottom. Hole diameter is 7/16". There is only one symbol on the top and I have a pic of it below.

The interesting thing is on the underside of the bell there is cursive writing that looks etched in. I can't read hardly any of it. I believe the bottom word is Constantinople. So it's basically

"one word"

HOLE

"two words"

"Constantinople"

I hope the pics are clear enough. My only guess is it's some real old Zildjian but I really have no idea. Can anyone help out?

Posted on 13 years ago

That's an Italian made cymbal that I refer to as an ersatz K because its often mistaken for one. There's lots of these around especially in Europe.

In later years these went by the name Zeltian and that name along with the script were stamped into trademark.

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks for your response. So do you know what the script says or how old this cymbal may be? Have any idea if it's valuable or not? A search on Zeltian doesn't give me any hits, except for some posts you made in the past!

Posted on 13 years ago

[COLOR="Green"]They are almost too obscure to have great value...particularly given its weight. Probably around $40-50 max....

It's a pretty handmade...it's just that these are usually too heavy for any contemporary musical purposes..[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here