Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

Steve Maxwell's Chicago location moving

And they're moving right into my neighborhood.

They're coming to Naperville.

http://www.maxwelldrums.com/maxwell-announcements-location-chicagoland-c-192_235.html

Posted on 14 years ago

Those moving trucks better be armored!! Some of these nuts would rather knock off a truck full of drums over a truck full of money!!

How fortunate this is for you, drumaholic. Any "good" cymbals coming through those doors and you can go check em out, almost immediately!! Did you scout that location for him? LOL

toodles

drumhackJump For Joy:Snow Flake:Jump For JoyGuitar Dude ManJump For Joy

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses then why the hell do they keep score Peg? - Al Bundy
Posted on 14 years ago

From drumhack

How fortunate this is for you, drumaholic. Any "good" cymbals coming through those doors and you can go check em out, almost immediately!! Did you scout that location for him? LOL

I wish I could take credit for influencing them to come here, but it wasn't inspired by me.

As far as the old gem cymbals go, I can't afford any more so you guys can have at them.

Posted on 14 years ago

that's just as far as the city for me..

damn.

oh well!

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From LudwigLover

that's just as far as the city for me..damn.oh well!

But....

Easier to get to. We have a commuter train line that's fast and efficient. And the station is within walking distance of the new store location. In contrast, Chicago's public transit is worse than bad joke.

Also the sales tax in DuPage county is only 7.25% as compared to the city of Chicago has the highest total sales tax of all major U.S. cities; currently at 10.25% which is levied on all non-perishable goods purchased, i.e.. drums, cymbals etc. That tax differential translates into considerable money as I found out one time when I once purchased a $3500 set of drums from them in Chicago.

Posted on 14 years ago

my old stomping grounds. I use to live off of Iroquois and Ogden. Drove through there a few weeks ago, a lot has changed in just a couple years

Matt's Vintage Drums - Chicago, Illinois

I collect 6 lug Slingerland snare drums. Let me know if you have any for sale. Looking for Yellow Tiger, Silver Veil Pearl & Turquoise Veil Pearl
Posted on 14 years ago

From mdbarba

my old stomping grounds. I use to live off of Iroquois and Ogden. Drove through there a few weeks ago, a lot has changed in just a couple years

And I used to live maybe just two blocks away from where you were. Now I'm a little ways down the road from there.

Posted on 14 years ago

NO doubt a class act, my BEST ride cymbal was purchased from Steve's chicago location, I was frustrated going through so many cymbals I could not find the right sound, so I made an appoitment, brought a couple of my crashes with me, and you should see all the pies he has, its crazy, anyway, I told him what type of music I played, I went and put on his white gloves, pulled out a vinatge 1950's Zildjain A 20" heavy ride/crash, he said this is what you want, and guess what, HE WAS RIGHT!!! ITS EXPLOSIVE AND RIDES FANASTIC!I never looked back the only thing I wasn;'t thrilled about was the price LOL. but you get what you pay for...............

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 14 years ago

Good for me, maybe he will be able to provide lessons again!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here