Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.46973%

So what is this cymbal ?

So, without even giving it a try, i picked up this 20" crash/ride for a measly $20 off an acquaintance.. Has a keyhole but that's a minor thing and i only picked it up because from the pic in the ad, it looked like something more valuable than what the seller said it was, which was a no name MIJ cymbal.. Really dark and gong-ish sounding when crashed, it's not bad, but i still have to figure out what to do with it.. It's got a very brassy looking finish reminiscent of lower budget Paiste cymbals, but there is no stamp.. Can anyone can help identify this cymbal and tell me what i've got here ? Any thoughts are appreciated..

cheers,

Rob

Posted on 8 years ago

Sabian XS20 maybe? The stamp on mine [not brilliant finish] is *really faint*.

1 attachments
123.5 kB
Posted on 8 years ago

From DownTownFarmer

Sabian XS20 maybe? The stamp on mine [not brilliant finish] is *really faint*.

Thanks for the input.. Not sure they're XS20's, although the lathing looks similar.. Also, the keyhole indicates a much older, thinner cymbal sleeve caused by vintage stands, but i could be mistaken.. Whatever the case, i may just resell to a young lady who's buying a set of Sabian B8's that came with my vintage Yamaha Tour series kit.. I may just throw it in with the set for same price i bought it for..

Posted on 8 years ago

If it weren't for the keyholing (indicating old age) I would say it looks similar to a new Traditional series Wuhan cymbals which are actually pretty good sounding cymbals. They don't have a stamp either

Posted on 8 years ago

I'd say more a long the line of an old Sabian B8/B8 pro

1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc