Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

Snare string?

It seems like this must have been addressed here before, but if it has I can't find it:

Does anyone make replacement string for vintage Ludwig snares? I'm referring to the string that is used to tie the ends of the snare wire assembly to the throw-off and the butt end. I know there are lots of things that will work, but I'm looking for the exact repro of the original string, which looks like a tightly woven, fine strand outer shell over a twisted core*.

Scott

*I think I just came up with a good name for a punk or metal band - Twisted Core. Rawk on, dudes!

Posted on 14 years ago

Puresound makes snare cord, although it comes in black only, not sure if Ludwig's was originally white or?? You might try Gibraltar for snare cord as well.....

Posted on 14 years ago

I'm using cord from a Kmart window blind but like you mentioned it's not the correct stuff.

Years ago I found some at a boating store that was the correct tight weave, those are the guys with all the different ropes. The color I've seen on old drums is a white/cream color.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here