Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Slingy leather straps

O.K. looking to replace the leather pull straps on my Tempo King # 938 pedal which I've had since new and the strap on my Slingy #804 direct pull Hi-Hat. Both of these straps on my originals are the same length. My 73' catalog parts list shows the Tempo King at 6 1/2" long and the Hi-Hat at 9" long which both of mine are. I know the plant used parts for whatever sometimes maybe because of something out of stock,so can somebody set me strait measure your straps and let me know please.

Posted on 12 years ago

A quick search on this site will reveal quite a few options; including dog collars and quivers. Still, the best option is to visit your leather store (Tandy or whatever you might have in your area) and make it yourself. It doesn't take much skill beyond what you learned in grade school for working with paper and scissors.

What Would You Do
Posted on 12 years ago

I have the new leather question is if the Hi-Hat and the bass pedal are the same length or not.

Posted on 12 years ago

Close ... but no.

What Would You Do
Posted on 12 years ago

From RogerSling

A quick search on this site will reveal quite a few options; including dog collars and quivers. Still, the best option is to visit your leather store (Tandy or whatever you might have in your area) and make it yourself. It doesn't take much skill beyond what you learned in grade school for working with paper and scissors.

Hear, hear! I picked up a 60s Tempo King flat base hihat stand and a previous owner obviously used the punched end of an old belt as a replacement. It's not original, but I'm not changing it...too much mojo. I like to think that some guy was rocking in some packed club back in the late 60s, working the hats overtime and had to improvise when the leather strap broke. Whatever the story behind it is, it's a neat conversation piece.

I'm no guru, just a vintage drum junkie!

Psalm 150:5
1945 Slingerland RK sparkling gold pearl 26/13/14/16/early 50s 5.5x14 Krupa RK
1967 Slingerland green glass glitter 20/12/14/Hollywood Ace
60s Slingerland 24/13/16/7x14 project
24/13/16/7x14 project RKs
60s 5 & 6.5 Sound Kings
1942 7x14 WMP Krupa RK
1930s Slingerland Universal
1967 Ludwig Hollywood sparkling blue pearl 22/12/13/16
1967 Ludwig Supraphonic 400 & 402
1965 Ludwig Jazz Fest sparkling blue pearl
1923 Ludwig 5x14 NOB