Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Slingerland Drums

I have a Slingerland Drum set that I bought from a clinic that Greg Bissonette put on. The Set has slingerland oval badges that say Ridgeland South Carolina on them. I was told that Greg had 8 kits made for him to demo because Slingerland was bringing the company back to the US, actually Gibson. After those kits everything says Nashville TN. I was told that the all maple kit was made at the Gretsch company in Ridgeland SC. Does anyone know how rare these drums might be? Or, have any more information on them that I haven't expressed here?

JG

Posted on 17 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]JG:

Just saw your post.

Gibson bought Slingerland from Gretsch in 1994. The purchase included a stock of HSS-made drum products, which Gibson sold off in the first year or so. That stock included many Slingerland Lites with Ridgeland oval badges as well as some Radio Kings with Ridgeland cloud badges, these drums having been made at the Gretsch factory in South Carolina.

When Gibson started making its own Slingerland drums it was at first using up Ridgeland parts, including badges. Greg Bissonette, an early and short-lived endorsee, got some drums made in Nashville that had Ridgeland badges on them.

Here is an early Gibson Slingerland advertising flyer, with such a kit.

DrCJW[/COLOR]

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here