Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Slingerland COS Stick-Saver Triple Flanged Hoops

Hi Everyone,

I realize that there have been previous posts regarding the height profiles of 70s era COS stick-saver hoops: the lower profile (height coming up from the drumhead) that has a more significant inward flange, and the taller profile variation with a lesser inward flange. However, in searching the forum, I have still not been able to discern a couple of things:

1. Did Slingerland manufacture the two different COS stick-saver hoops simultaneously and outfit their various snare drum models arbitrarily?

2. If certain models were supplied with the lower profile hoop, what were they, or what specific dates were they used, and are they currently manufactured by anyone today?

Feel free to add comments or insights into this. I find the two hoops to have a very different feel and sound. I've always been partial to the lower profile hoop.

Thanks, and thanks to all those responsible for making this site such a tremendous resource!

Doug

Posted on 16 years ago

Hello, I hate to send you off to another forum..... just kidding, but there is a special Slingerland Forum here at VSD that our resident expert answers questions on and it does not come up in the searches....

Slingerland Drums History Forum

You might also go post by post and see if the questions has already been answered.

My tiny knowledge remembers it is based on years and the older style hoop was flanged in more and the newer style hoops is less flanged.

There has to be a break in the year that happened and the Dr is the person to answer this question so ignore what I said when he answers.

I was wrong in a Premier thread the other day, so I have to go do more research...

Maybe I should just stick to scanning.......

All in good fun

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here