Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Slingerland Br Snare, What's It Worth?

HELLO, I'M TRYING TO ESTABLISH WHAT A 1970'S BUDDY RICH SNARE DRUM IS WORTH. ALL ORIGINAL WITH STICK CHOPPER RIMS, CHROME OVER WOOD, 16 SPLIT LUGS, 4 X 14, NO RE-RINGS. VERY NICE ORIGINAL CONDITION. ANY IDEAS? Help2

Posted on 16 years ago

Re: Buddy Rich 4 x 14 Snare

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey joeybeats...

Well, you're looking at the "fair" market value of this particular drum. This model sells for anywhere between $500.00 to $1200.00 depending on who is looking for one and when. As of late, these have been popular... probably becuase there aren't all that many out there, especially in Buddy's color/wrap, WMP. Actually, Buddy favored the COW model more then the WMP model as he used the COW for a longer period of time. Regardless,

It will be tough to find one, let alone escape for less than $500.00... as a matter of fact, the last THREE I have seen, all sold for OVER $700.00 each. I happen to have both the WMP and the COW in near MINT condition as part of my Buddy Rich snare drum collection. Truth be told, ANY Buddy Rich model snare drum in the CORRECT color/wrap is a given to bring some bucks.

Tommyp

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

Hey Jim!...

THANKS for sending that along to 1966DRUMMER... I couldn't have said it any better myself!! LOL! Seriously though,

The answer I gave to joeybeats a while back is still valid today, with the "possible" exception that the current market might be a little bit better for the BUYER given all the recent economy woes. Still... this particular BR model drum in COW does seem to always sell pretty well. I would still say at least $500.00 for a nice one.

Tommyp

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here