Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Slingerland 14 tom or snare for orphans?

Anyone have a Slingerland 14" tom or a wood snare they are looking to get rid of? Looking for 3ply 70's era, with or without hardware. Rewrap candidates are great too. $ or I've got a bunch of 3 and 5ply Slingy shells to trade too! 13" 3ply Blue glass complete and excellent condition, 14 5ply blue gloss, rough reso edge complete hardware in OK condition , 16 3 ply blue gloss complete except legs OK hardware, 18x16 5 ply oak wrap missing 1 hoop, no legs , 22 3 ply pretty complete no wrap, 24 5ply blue gloss most hardware present, no hoops....

Thanks,

65 Ludwig Club Date Champagne
66 Ludwig Club Date Red Sparkle + 16' and Pioneer
66 Ludwig acrolite
67 Ludwig supra with bowties!
Posted on 13 years ago

Can you please post a pic of the oak wrap 18. I have a 14. Thanks.

Posted on 13 years ago

I should have been more clear about the tom. I'm looking for a 14"x10" rack tom, not a floor tom. Here are some pics for everyone.

First the 16"x16"

[Attachment: 21434]

[Attachment: 21435]

[Attachment: 21436]

And the 18"x16" I haven't tried to fix any of the scrapes but none of them look super deep and should mostly go away with some wax etc.

[Attachment: 21437]

[Attachment: 21438]

Thanks fellas

5 attachments
65 Ludwig Club Date Champagne
66 Ludwig Club Date Red Sparkle + 16' and Pioneer
66 Ludwig acrolite
67 Ludwig supra with bowties!
Posted on 13 years ago

bjones,

I have a vintage 5x14 Slingerland snare drum that I might trade for a run-of-the mill 14x14 floor tom and a couple of small toms (8 & 10"). My only requirement on the floor tom is that it has 8 lug rims. I don't even mind if the drums don't match (within reason).

About the Slingy snare. It has a mahogany shell, looks like mahogany stain on the interior, and a stick saver rim on the snare side, with a turned-out edge rim on the batter side. The old Slingerland badge was removed to stain the shell (I think), but I have it, as well. I don't think the snare strainer is Slingerland, but the snare head is Slingerland. The lugs and other hardware are in good condition and definitely vintage Slingerland, and the drum looks great. If there is some interest in it, I will post some photos.

Thanks for looking,

donothorpe

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here