Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Sabian Cymbal Cleaner

Greetings.

I must admit to using the above cleaner on my circa 1967 Avedis Zildjians.

I could not stand to see them dirty any more.

I am not too happy with the result, they sound clearer, look slightly better, but,

the marks on the cymbals left by the previous owners bad storage has not been touched.

What else can I use that will remove possible water damage, but is safe to use on vintage cymbals?

Hopefully I don't have to suffer "slings and arrows" from my fellow drummers.

Many thanks

PS. Mentioned that they were badly stored, therefore value is not the issue, just saw an interesting

post on cleaning, bar keepers friend or something like that. I will give it a try.

Posted on 13 years ago

I've used Barkeeper's Friend for decades and still swear by it for really bad tarnish, tough scratches and stains. Just be sure to use it as a paste so that you don't scratch the cymbal and you should be fine.

BTW, I've found that generally speaking you don't want to use Sabian's cymbal cleaner on a Zildjian. It doesn't work very well. If you can find it, try the Zildjian paste cleaner. That always works well on the older K's and A's. Their current cleaning polish is an excellent second choice. Hope that helps.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here