Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Sabian 18 and 20 inch cymbal w/autograph??

Anybody know what series Sabian cymbals had an autograph on the underside of the bell? Both of the cymbals seem to be hammered quite nicely and have a Sabian Canada for the engraved stamp, on the back it shows the diameter in inches and centimeters and logo with the black ink. The autograph is more faded than the bottom side logos..

TIA

backbeatkeeper

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

backbeatkeeper!

The Sabian HH ( Hand Hammered ) series have the autograph on the underside of the bell. It's been the same guy for YEARS too... Vinny. Hard to make out the last name. I have played Sabian HH exclusively for the past 21 years with specific sizes/weights, and his name has always been there. Course I should also add that I don't break/crack cymbals all that often, so I haven't actually bought a NEW Sabian HH in years!

Their AA line of cymbals... ( all machine produced ) ... don't have the signature. Some of the NEWER lines may also, I'm not sure. But for the longest time it was the HH line only.

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago

Tommyp!!

Again, I am astounded by your plethora of knowledge. I was doing some research and as far as I can figure out, Sabian never made a 20 inch crash on the old HH line. I may be wrong, but without the painted stamp on the top of the cymbal, I'll never know exactly what it is. These are the older Sabians, with the diameter on the bottom of the bell instead of the top of the cymbal. I will say that I fooled around with it as a ride and it was very smoky, washy sounding. I liked it as a soft ride, the 18 inch decays rather quickly, and is equally pleasing. I got these cymbals with a kit that I bought strictly for the cases. You can see the deal I got at this link.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200089265002

Thanks again Tommyp for your wisdom!!

Best Regards,

backbeatkeeper

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here