Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Saban SR2's ?

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Okay - not technically a vintage cymbal subject BUT l just stumbled across some of these on eFlay. Apparently they were introduced around 3/09 - never had l heard of 'em. Anyone ever try one ? l just bought two - a 19" Medium and an 18" Thin for pretty darn cheap. l guess the deal is these were some B20 lines which were returned to the factory or old stock never sold & sittin' around which the Sabian cymbal makers reworked into a variety of new cymbals - sorta like recycling some of their stuff which never sold for whatever reason. l will give a report when they get here but for $240 total for both l figured it'd be an interesting experiment in the least.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Check this thread I started in April...

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=7256

I, too stumbled across these about seven months ago. I love my 21 inch ride. These are pretty cool cymbals. You have to be careful, though. Some of them can sound ... restricted? They can sound a bit choked. I use the online videos to pick my SR2 cymbals. It's easier. Glad you found them.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Thanks...I missed that thread. Is your ride a medium or a Thin, BTW ???? I have read elsewhere that the prospects are a bit hit and miss on these, since they each started life as a different series.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Mine's a thin 21. I love it. It's thin enough to crash and yet has that nice ping and great bell (all of them do). Great cymbal. PLEASE, let me know how yours react under your sticks. I'm really digging these.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I will...seems the thins are priced just a bit more, so it may well be those are the more successful ones. The mediums I heard on that video sample didn't blow me away......

I really sorta like the idea of this, however. And I also appreciate Sabian not going mercenary on this...I mean, they could have just introduced it as a brand-new, earth-shattering B20 line and priced 'em twice as high...y'know ? (I'd imagine Zildjian would try sumthin' like that...electricit) ;)[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="Purple"]Well....the Thins are priced a bit more because the Thins are better cymbals...at least if my experience and McJ's experience says anything.

Just got my two today.....the 18" Thin is really, really GOOD. Nice and dark, with good stick, and crashable. I threw her in with my old A's and some Istanbuls, and she sounded right at home.

The Medium, unfortunately, no such luck. It appears to have been born as an HHX actually, based on the hammering....so I was sorta stoked when I saw her. Alas, she is mostly just show. Very bright, not much spread. Might make a good rock crash or ride driving a loudly amplified band, but for a ride cymbal of my tastes she was disappointing.....

Oh well, 1 outta 2.....

Advice: stick to the Thins... my 18 is an incredible bargain , really.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here