Recently I have been emailing a few guys over at another forum for rudimental drumming. I have never really researched the history, but they are very in to the early beginnings of drumming and the why's, what's and who's of the past.

They document the early individual drum contests and the history around them and the corps members and leaders of the early days.

The AL (American Legion) - NARD and other groups would have open competitions for drummers to participate in solos and also as corps.

I find it very interesting and in the process made a few new Internet connections related to drumming.

I have been able to send them some history and other facts to aid them in their research from the WFL Jr collection which I'm currently documenting.

This all started many months ago when I got an email about Frank Arsenault and some history about him... There is none, but a little blurb on the Ludwig web site.

Recently I came across a Ludwig Letter with his obit from Ludwig and it is a great outline of his life.

[IMG]http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/drummers/frank_arsenault/frank_1_th.jpg[/IMG]

There is little information on the topic and I will eventually take on the task of putting that section together with NARD history and other important letters from our early drumming fathers..

How about a letter from Roy C Knapp talking about traditional and matched grip and his history about it? These are priceless pieces of history which I can't wait to share with you all.

More later on this topic...

David