Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Rogers XP8

I just purchased a set of Rogers XP8 shells - 8x12 - 9x13 - 16x16 - 22x14 all from the same set. These are, arguably, the best shells that Rogers made. The previous owner had covered them with some kind of self stick contact paper,ughhhhhhhh. The original finish was natural maple. I'm going to have to remove the (ugh) contact paper and hopefully not disturb the finish. Any suggestions? I have almost all of the memriloc hardware that would be right for this kit and will get the lugs, rims, T's and claws from that period. If the finish has to be redone I'm thinking about doing a dark wine stain. I've been playing the same Rogers Holiday set for over forty years (64 Dyna-Sonic) and have restored them to original look. I wonder how you feel about me taking the XP8's away from period finish?

Hmmmm

http://Rogers Owners Forum
Posted on 18 years ago

Regarding removal of the contact paper, you might have good luck heating it a bit with a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive. Too much heat may melt the vinyl, but a little heat may allow you to remove the material without too much trouble...and without damaging the shell.

Ken

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here