Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Rogers Luxor - Strainer rattles

I have been playing a Rogers Luxor snare for about 20 years. I cleaned the strainer mechanism (a while ago) and the strainer began to rattle when played with the snare disengaged. It seems that some of the dirt was keeping the metal parts from bumping against each other.

I have been playing it for a while with some cotton string wrapped around the central post, keeping the metal parts apart. It works but makes the strainer very hard to operate.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

Posted on 13 years ago

Which strainer does your drum have? Basic or "Clockface"?Show us your strainer!It may need a dab of heavy grease on the sliding mechanism to keep it from rattling.

Posted on 13 years ago

Here's the picture. Heavy grease - that makes sense. What I cleaned off wasn't dirt but 40 year old grease. Is this something I get at a automobile parts store (or perhaps a hardware store)? I have bike grease, but it's not that thick and I think it would easily smear off onto the drum shell.

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here