Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Rogers For Ludwig

I HAVE A ROGERS I WANT A LUDWIG

Hey Im looking for one Ludwig Sky Blue Pearl Tom tom in the following sizes...

I only need (want, desire) one of the following:

12"X8", 13"X9" or a 14"X10"

Sky blue pearl, early 1970's, 3ply or 6ply ok, with or without Rienforcement rings ok, muffler no muffler ok. Clear, white or grey interior ok. Dont care about badge type. Dont care if it needs new heads or its missing hoops.

For trade for a Ludwig I have a 1964 12"X8" rogers holiday tom tom in Black Diamond Pearl made in Dayton Ohio with original hexagon tom mount script logo and muffler. good shape. Pics upon request. Very heavy tom. Beavertail lugs.

Also up for trade I have a 13"X9" 1970's Rogers XP8 Tom tom, 8ply 100% maple shell, clear maple interior, beavertail lugs, butcher block finish. Missing 1" tube memriloc tom mount. Missing big "R" badge. Clean.

Let me know if you can help or know someone

Call me in California at (619)300-6217 Drew

Posted on 14 years ago

From what I've heard/read Rogers made way better quality drums than ludwig, specially the '64-74 Rogers; Why would you want to trade??

/joshthekook@gmail.com

Posted on 12 years ago

You heard wrong, I have owned both Ludwig and Rogers, I prefer the Luwigs, better sound and generally louder than the Rogers.

Posted on 12 years ago

From johnnyringo

You heard wrong, I have owned both Ludwig and Rogers, I prefer the Luwigs, better sound and generally louder than the Rogers.

Mark that is my experience also!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 12 years ago

From johnnyringo

Uhmm... since when is louder better? I also own both Ludwig and Rogers and love each for their own qualities.

-No Guru... still learning more every day-
Posted on 12 years ago

From mchair303

Uhmm... since when is louder better? I also own both Ludwig and Rogers and love each for their own qualities.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll7rWiY5obI[/ame]

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 12 years ago

From mchair303

Louder is better when you're playing next to four marshall stacks, just ask Bonham, Mitchell, Baker or Paice.

Posted on 12 years ago

From johnnyringo

Louder is better when you're playing next to four marshall stacks, just ask Bonham, Mitchell, Baker or Paice.

Dont they make like, microphones, for situations like that?

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 12 years ago

From johnnyringo

None of these drummers play Ludwig anymore. I kid (two are dead). One could also mic a drumset or ,God forbid, ask the guitar player to turn down.

I have both brands and there are sound differences. It depends on what the original poster wants out of their drumset. I love Rogers, and perfer that brand, but, a great deal of incredible rock and roll was cut on Ludwig. There's no right or wrong, one has to figure out what "sounds" you are looking for.

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 12 years ago

you rogers freaks I'll put my Luddies up agin yours any day I'll mow over em like a freight train. :o Stainless steel.!! they are louder really!! and as mark already eluded, I have Marshall 100 watt super loud and a ampeg svt to run up against.band2 Now I'm only poking at ya so don't turn on the flame throwers.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here