Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

rogers cymbals

hi, I baught some rogers cymbals and have tried reserching them on the internet. the only information that i've been able to find is that they were made by Meinl or Paiste for roggers in europe and are at least aproxmatley 30 years old. however mine were made by zilgian. does anyone no anymore about them and how much they would be worth. thanks wilko92.

2 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Some Rogers cymbals were Zilco's which is related to Zildjian. The ones you have there are definitely not Zildjian, the one on the right is Paisre and I don't know what the other one is.

These are worth whatever anyone is willing to pay for them. There is no established market value for these because they show up so infrequently. But there's no particular demand for them either.

Posted on 16 years ago

If you look closely, they are two very different cymbals.

The black print one has no or extremely fine lathing on the bell and fairly fine lathing on the rest of the cymbal....I agree this one is Paiste-like. But do you have an actual stamp on them which says Zildjian?

The white print one looks like a cheaper cymbal. Coarser lathing including the bell that does not go all the way to the edge. Looks like much less hammering too.

Can you post pics of the ID stamps????

Posted on 16 years ago

Here's a few examples that will give you an idea of what there worth.

This first one looks like Meinl to me:

Rogers hi-hats

The second one is definitely a Zilco type:

Rogers Crash

The Zico or Paiste types would be one ones to get in my opinion.

Posted on 16 years ago

on the underside of the ride cymbal there looks like there is a section where the cymbal is allot shinier psibly from polishing and an area where a zilgian print was taken off after the polishing. however there is nothing on the crash so i am geussing that that is what you say it is. the cymbals wern't baught as a set so i doubt they are the same type. as for i.d. stamps i cant find anything anywhere on either cymbals.

2 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Hi, i have a Rogers 16" crash cymbal, an 18" crash cymbal, and an 18" Rogers china.

il try and put some photos up soon, just wondering if any1 has any info on them?

cheers

Ryan band3

P.S they sound great!

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Meinl, Zilco (Zildjian), Zilco-Azco, and UFIP-Pasha all produced stock cymbals for Rogers at one time or another....if I am not mistaken...so the answer isn't always that simple.....

Pics help...but wilko...if yours actually has a Zildjian logo on it...then it likely was purchased not as a stock cymbal with the kit.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here