Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Ride recommendations

Hi!

I need a ride with a defined ping and strong wash,can playable on any volume(from very low to very loud),and playable with various sticks,brushes,hybrids and mallets.

I need this ride because I don't want having more than one ride.I like multifunction,all purpose ride that suitable for any situations,both plugged and unplugged.

Anyone have recommendation?

Thanks!

Posted on 11 years ago

From xipa4

Hi!I need a ride with a defined ping and strong wash,can playable on any volume(from very low to very loud),and playable with various sticks,brushes,hybrids and mallets.I need this ride because I don't want having more than one ride.I like multifunction,all purpose ride that suitable for any situations,both plugged and unplugged.Anyone have recommendation?Thanks!

Do you prefer darker vs. brighter? Lower pitch vs. higher? Generally speaking, the stronger a cymbal gets on the "defined ping" side of things, the less wash it will have, because ping comes from a thicker, heavier piece of bronze, while a thinner, lighter cymbal will wash more.

Posted on 11 years ago

I have an early 90s 21" Zildjian Rock Ride that I like to use sometimes. It has more ping than wash but cuts through when you need it.

Best advice I could give would be to check out Memphis Drum shop on Youtube. They do very good cymbal demos on there. Make sure you get a pair of headphones and dont rely on just computer speakers. You can find pretty much any cymbal you want and hear it played.

-Justin

"People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different."- Bob Ross

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music..." - Aldous Huxley
Posted on 11 years ago

The only Sabian cymbal I currently have is a 20" AAX Stage Ride, and it is a very good all around ride. Good ping yet still has some wash.

I have seen several of these sell recently at online auctions for well under $100.

Posted on 11 years ago

You might want to look at a Zildjian Sweet Ride. Nice wash from those. Good general purpose cymbal.

Steve

1967 Slingerland 12,13,16,20 White Satin Flame
1968 Slingerland 12,14,16,20 Light Blue Pearl
Posted on 11 years ago

I swear by my 21" Zildjian sweet ride. I own a 21" Aildjian rock ride, a 20" Zildjian medium ride, and an early 1970's Zildjian mini cup ride prototype, and a late 1960's 22" Zildjian heavy ride-wihout question that sweet ride is my favorite

1967 Ludwig Psychedelic Red Downbeat Kit (all original)w/14 in floor tom
Noble and Cooley Walnut snare
Noble and Cooley Horizon 6 piece kit in blue sparkle
2002 Noble and Cooley 4 piece Studio Classic in natural maple
Nov 3 1967 Ludwig chrome Supraphonic
1990s Pearl Session Custom in Amber fade
20 Zildjians
1984 Tama Superstar Bell Brass Snare
Noble and Cooley natural cherry snare
Posted on 11 years ago

Istanbul agop 30th

Istanbul mehmet nostalgia