Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Ride Cymbal help

Hi,

I'm after a new ride cymbal and know in my head what I want it to sound like but find it can be a bit of a mindful finding a new cymbal so thought a good place to start would be to post on a couple of forums and get some ideas going...

So my current cymbal set up is: New beat Zildjian Hi-hats (14"), Sabian AAX 17" Crash and a 20" Sabian Pro Sonic Ride (the one being replaced)..I guess if you had to describe the band I'm in you'd say indie/rock/alternative etc..

So the sound I'm after for my ride is trashy, long sustain when crashed (I do crash rides quite a bit), a bell that sounds like a church bell or just huge and quite a bright nice sound when hit with a tip of a stick. I also like the idea of getting a vintage cymbal to contrast with my shiny new other ones..

Cheers,

James

Posted on 12 years ago

20 inch Dave Weckl Evolution Ride

It's an amazing ride with character to spare. Find a lighter one and it will ride beautifully, crash like nobody's business, and give you a bell sound that will be heard in the back row. Great ride.

Here's a LINK to a temporary page on my website I put up for you. If you can tolerate the drumming ... it's a pretty good sound example of the Evolution ride being used as a crash/ride during a writing session several years ago. The kit is African Mahogany, so it's got some lows. The cymbals are mostly HHX's with the Weckl Evolution 20 ride, 16,17,18,19 HHXtreme crashes, maybe a 17 K Zildjian china, some hats (?) ... that might have actually been a first edition Wuhan 18 c/r on my extreme right ... I can't recall. Doesn't really matter.

Anyway, check out the ride. It's great for pretty much anything you throw at it ... short of metal (but that's why they made an AAX Metal Ride).

What Would You Do
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here