WOW,I thought I was lucky to know Brad Morey,but that was only because he played drums for my dad for many years! But Rick has led a life Ive always

dreamed of ! I always wanted to work at a place like

Slingerland and be part of making drums and percussion instruments and interacting with all those talents and getting there feedback in what they were looking for musically out of thes intstruments ! Dear Rick you now have a new admireer,Rck you are now a drum god in my heart and in the goose bumps I have from reading your article and from the thought of being able to sit down with you talk about those days especially about everyaspect of Slingerlands every single part from drawing board to to marketing !(I guess drummers are dreamersehehe)I was born in 65,so I was just a pup when you wet to taft,but by 1972 I was playing a chrome over wood 5 piece slingerland !

who knows you might of made it,considering that my da had purchased the kit through brad morey. Another funny thing is ,I too later attended taft high school in about 1982 . Man it would be an honor to maybe someday meet you and talk with you ! I would have pages and pages of Slingerland questions for you !

I often wondered what became of brad ,our family lost touch with him after my dad died in 1992,I know he later did some arranging for the bob stone band, I remember my dad saying he should of bought every drum srt that brad had if he'd of known that the niles plant was going to fold,I saw brad with many different sets throufht the years! and wanred every one of them !

man o man lots of questions :like what do you know about Kashian Cymbals,

I have a kashian 22" Swish knocker stamped made in italy i recieved from brad

but cant find any info on them!

well Ill shut up now,this website is beciming very emotional for me,sorry for being such a wuss guys but Slingerland truly changed my life forever and I had drum fever since i was 6 years old,im 43 now and still havent shaken it!

sincerely Carl G.