Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

Restoring '61 Slingerlands Last viewed: 2 days ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I have done that w/ layers of Bondo...but your method sounds better and stronger....what is the brand name of the epoxy stick (if you recall) ?[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

That's interesting stuff. I was considering turning a Club Date bass into a "regular" bass. I wonder???

Posted on 15 years ago

Here is a picture of the stuff I tried.

The epoxy material is the "Quick Wood"

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

From 69OysterBlue

Here is a picture of the stuff I tried.The epoxy material is the "Quick Wood"

Where can i get that in Europe?? Thats exactly what i need.

1970. Sonor swinger - 20'',16'' & 12''
Posted on 15 years ago

From mcjnic

That's interesting stuff. I was considering turning a Club Date bass into a "regular" bass. I wonder???

[COLOR="Purple"]Whatd'ya mean ? Like, a string bass ?Help2[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Gray"]I am assuming you mean single loaded lugs instead of the double-sided ?

....or sumfin' like dat ?[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

"string bass"! You crack me up, Jaye. Yes. I am considering turning a double sided lugged up bass into a normal luddy bass with single sided lugs on each side. ...string bass...sweet.

Posted on 15 years ago

Send me the air fare - I will personally deliver some to you!

Seriously, I have no idea how or where or why this stuff gets marketed and sold in any particular geography.

I think it cost me less than $10.

If you want to cover the cost and the postage, I would be happy to send you some. You just have to promise not to smoke it, shoot it or cook it into brownies . . I don't want to become part of an international drug ring

Let me know if you're interested.

Jim

From Filip!

Where can i get that in Europe?? Thats exactly what i need.

Posted on 15 years ago

From mcjnic

"string bass"! You crack me up, Jaye. Yes. I am considering turning a double sided lugged up bass into a normal luddy bass with single sided lugs on each side. ...string bass...sweet.

You know, you could do that w/o redrilling any holes, just use the 2 lugholes existing as the back holes for the single-endeds.

Posted on 15 years ago

Starting with citrus stripper is a good Idea, it is safe. BUT, If I was removing krylon from inside , I would start with lacquer thinner. Be careful , I dunno what ya got on the outside but it will ruin that finish too, and the thinner is like water so it will leak through if yer not careful , but if it is raw outside then just soak a rag, then let it sit on the paint for a couple of minutes, it will lift, If ya do have a finish ya wanna protect outside , then try masking tape on the holes, then use more of a dip and rub technique. Lacquer thinner is knarley stuff so wear gloves, and if ya don't have a respirator ,,, do it out side.

Epoxy is the best for filling holes. (short of wood dowels) It will work for edges great too. I have cut edges on that stuff. An you can get it at hodepot. BUT If ya want the best sound possible ya might wanna think about the fact that the drum is vintage, the imperfections make it sound good!! Don't pay someone to ruin that. just sand em as smooth as ya can. I have done it many times. Also you might not be able to keep that stamp inside, but is important to get that paint outta there. So I wouldn't worry so much about the stamp. I have actually taken orbital sanders to those drums with no problems, but that is just me.

Posted on 15 years ago

From jmgdrums

...hodepot.

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]I love it[/COLOR]

Falling Do

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here