Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

replacement wingnut bolts, ludwig standard

Got a question for ya'll,

Has anyone got a link to a place to purchase replacement strong wingnuts for bass drum spurs and double tom brackets for my 68" ludwig standard. I am presently using bolts and am tired of carrying around a wrench and using it at gigs. A pain.

Tried hardware stores and no luck. Thanks

Posted on 13 years ago

If you're not necessarily looking for authentic vintage Ludwig parts, a hardware store with a really good fastener selection can help you find most of the nuts & bolts you'll need. Wing bolts are probably some of the tougher ones to find, though.

But you can find just about anything for sale on the Internet. You can probably find what you need from Fastenal. A Google shopping search for wing bolt turned up other possible sources like Bolt Depot.

Posted on 13 years ago

... or, you could ask us. I happen to have LOTS of Standard hardware, including lugs, screws, cymbal mounts, ... and the aforementioned wing nuts.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

I need some of the wing nuts... the ones on my downbeat bass have been replaced with smaller ones which are a little painful on the fingers...

I need 4... How much?

-64 Ludwig Black Oyster Classic kit 22,13,16
-65 Leedy BDP 22,13,16
-65 Ludwig WMP Clubdate 20,12,14
-66 Ludwig Red sparkle Downbeat
-60's Gretsch RB Green Glass 22,13,16
Lots of cymbals, snares and orphans, old and newish
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks. Looks like fastenal will do the trick.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here