Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Recommendations for a good cymbal bag

If any of you out there own a good padded bag with full size padded dividers let me know. I just bought 2 in the last month online and am returning the 2nd one that I just received today. Thats what you get for buying with out seeing and feeling the actual product. I have had the Zymbal Gig bag ($45) and the Kaces Pro Deluxe Back Pack ($60) both bought at Samedaymusic.com.

I want the cymbal dividers to be a soft padding that covers the entire cymbal. The Zildjian divider goes half way up and is a thin flimsy nylon, disappointing for bag with their name on it to say the least. And the Kaces really was no better, especially for $60 bucks. I have a stick bag of theirs I dig alot, so figured this would be of same quality and it certainly isn't.

I guess I need to go to the drum shop and do a little more research, but if anyones got some insight that would be great.

Posted on 17 years ago

I use a Sabian, backpack type of bag. It has nice dividers which would cover up to 18" . Also is a nice shoulder strap, and two handles if you would like to carry the bag in your hand. Plus it has 3 small compartments which I keep ear plus, extra felts, an extra clutch, and little stuff like that, also it has i larger outer compartment which I keep my stick bag in. It was a little costly (about $70. If I remember correctly), but has been serving me very well for about 6 years now (I use it about 1-4 times a week). I got mine at Drummer's world in NYC.

The ONLY downside to this bag is that the immitation leather coverings on the straps cracks and tears after a year or 2 of heavy use.

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 17 years ago

Screw the bag. Go for the SKB vault with wheels, takes a 24" Ride very comfortably, and is lifetime guranteed. 115.00 most days. Its also going to last for the next 50 years.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 17 years ago

I believe you are in the NY metro region. If so, you should check out Long Island Drum Center in Plainview on Long Island. It is a candy store for us drummers. Every time I stop there I come out with something......I bought a heavy black canvas cymbal bag from them for about $35. (their own store brand). It has about 5 sections for cymbals with heavy dividers, an outer pocket for your highhats, an outside pocket and stick holders. Shoulder strap and double handles.They also have about 25-30 kits set up a tall times and an excellent cymbal room.

For me its about a 45min drive and well worht it.

John

Posted on 17 years ago

I'm actually at the LIDC every week. I take lessons there. I havent seen that bag though, I will look for it Tuesday when I am there. Its a great place and they're really helpful all around. I been spending alot of dough there DOH

I kinda decided to keep the Kaces bag after using it, it's not too bad, I can still return it, so we'll see.

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

I'm actually at the LIDC every week. I take lessons there. I havent seen that bag though, I will look for it Tuesday when I am there. Its a great place and they're really helpful all around. I been spending alot of dough there DOH I kinda decided to keep the Kaces bag after using it, it's not too bad, I can still return it, so we'll see.

ask Dennis.........he is always helpful.,,,,,,

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here