Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Real Old School Hammering on a New Cymbal

Just thought you might like to see what's coming out of Sabian these days. I had endorsed this brand in the past (around 94). These are 14 inch hats. I picked this set up a year or two ago. They've always been into old school hammering methods, but nothing ever came close to this. Check out that bell hammering. This is very exciting to me...and those of you that dig old Turkish hammering. Sweet Sweet Stuff.

Posted on 15 years ago

Interesting. Sort of like a Sabian EAK.

To me Sabian has always been the true Zildjian anyway. That other company is an imposter.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yeah, I love those hand-hammered prototypes. The HH's are a pretty good line, but the ones that make it to the public aren't as worked-on as these here. Seems the coolest ones never make it to production....Those are beauties....

I once owned a 20" HH, it was called a "suspended cymbal", clearly for orchestral use. That had hammering up the wazoo.....

Hehehe...20"....1375g !!!! Can you believe that ? Sold it to a buddy of mine up north and I think he still uses it regularly.

I also agree with Drumaholic....Sabian shot out of the gate with the better quality stuff, and they have been eclispsing Zildjian ever since (mind you, I am an avid vintage Avedis fan.....but seriously, after the early 70's....the company has been producing a lotta junk...and the stuff which isn't, is so insanely overpriced it's not worth buying).

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Oh my GOSH!!! I had almost the same HH Suspended. 20 inch and all. I LOVED that cymbal. It was a part of the initial endorsement piece I worked out with them. I am struggling to remember the man's name...Mark...Love? Was that his name? I think it might have been. Anyway, he picked out my cymbals for me, and paired this 20 HH Susp with my other crashes (six total). That was a freekin' amazing cymbal. I wasn't blown away by the others, but that one melted me. I sold it when I went to Paiste. I couldn't get past the Paiste Sound Formula crashes and hats when compared to the Sabian crashes. Nothing came close to them for the style of music I was playing at the time, so I played the Paiste crashes, the Sabian ride and chinas (and a sweeeet Zildjian 17 inch K china). It was the one and only time I ever put my name on anything. It just didn't work out. They were good, but not the best. I couldn't in all honesty say they were, so we parted ways. No big deal. It's not like I was burning up the charts or anything. I was a speck back then and I'm still a speck. I don't think any of the companies will miss my name.:p

I will tell you, though...I am loving some of the stuff coming out of the Proto arena. I have an 18 Proto (crash/ride) that's handhammered about the same. It is my favorite cymbal. Unbelievable stuff. I'm definitely hooked on these. Just thought I might share a bit of the fun with you guys.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I could understand that...Paiste makes some very good stuff, their B15 alloy is very unique sounding and the way they work some of their B8 alloys is also impressive...but for someone who likes the lushness of hand-hammered B20 type cymbals, I could see Paiste being a tough fit..... [/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here