Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Re-lathed from sewer covers to gems

....thanks to the expertise of Michael Paiste.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ymb8pAHJFw[/ame]

Posted on 12 years ago

He did all that to make elevator music,...What`s the thing really sound like ?

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 12 years ago

From OddBall

He did all that to make elevator music,...What`s the thing really sound like ?

Like it should.

Posted on 12 years ago

I don't understand any of this...

Never play it the same way once.
Posted on 12 years ago

From orangemi

I know, I know. As topics go this one is really quite complex. But maybe a degree in rocket science would help.

Posted on 12 years ago

Nice. How much did that run you?

Posted on 12 years ago

I'll try to help - as long as I understand it myself. The video and the text on there was confusing to me as well - so Orange is no idiot (no implications here) - I think the video or the description could have been clearer.

My understanding is that what we are watching/listening to is the AFTER of each cymbal - you'll see that the description tells of 3 cymbals that were modified....and only 3 sections of video - apparently no video of the BEFORES.

My favorite is the first one - sounds much better - very classy and downright pretty, compared to the other two. Though I would agree that all three sound great.

I would like to see some before and HEAR some befores, then the afters....especially if it was done with a real budget line cymbal....a tribute to the lathing skills alone and not a result of superior composition.

Next, I would like to see a cymbal made purely from the lathed scraps alone - melted down and made into a cymbal before our very eyes.

Clapping Happy2 - do another trick for us Mr. Paiste!!! :p

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 12 years ago

From Drummerjohn333

I'll try to help - as long as I understand it myself. The video and the text on there was confusing to me as well - so Orange is no idiot (no implications here) - I think the video or the description could have been clearer.My understanding is that what we are watching/listening to is the AFTER of each cymbal - you'll see that the description tells of 3 cymbals that were modified....and only 3 sections of video - apparently no video of the BEFORES. My favorite is the first one - sounds much better - very classy and downright pretty, compared to the other two. Though I would agree that all three sound great.I would like to see some before and HEAR some befores, then the afters....especially if it was done with a real budget line cymbal....a tribute to the lathing skills alone and not a result of superior composition. Next, I would like to see a cymbal made purely from the lathed scraps alone - melted down and made into a cymbal before our very eyes. Clapping Happy2 - do another trick for us Mr. Paiste!!! :pJohn

Bingo!

Give that man a Havanna cigar.

And if he doesn't smoke....then give it to me.

Posted on 12 years ago

"The video and the text on there was confusing to me as well - so Orange is no idiot (no implications here)"

I replied with biting sarcasm; that's true.

But I really didn't mean to cast any aspersions or make any insinuendos.

Posted on 12 years ago

From orangemi

The heavy/thick cymbal (sewer cover) is turnned and material is removed completely changeing the sound and weight without damageing the cymbal.

Most people couldn`t tell it was done. I just wish the tube file went further into the sound it will create !! (he didn`t wack it !!)

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here