Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Questions regarding newer "investment" grade drums

DW Timeless Timber

Craviotto

Tama Bubinga

Those are the three main ones I can think of off hand, but I know there are a bunch more.

I'm wondering if those drums have held their value. When they were "released for sale", they cost a LOT of $$$. I thought it was a great (albeit fairly obvious) marketing scheme because, in my opinion, they were rather generic drums with really nice veneers....They looked fantastic -at a glance, but I questioned whether or not the wood had the "magical" properties that some claimed. People were really touting them -mostly the people who bought them did, anyway! I know I would tout them, too if I had just shelled out that kind of money for a snare drum ;) But, over the last decade or so, I haven't seen, heard or read much at all about them. Has their value increased over the time since they were purchased?

I honestly can't imagine them going up in value because they cost so much to begin with...and I never see anyone actually using these types of drums on gigs (God forbid!).

-just wondering!Coffee Break2

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

In regards to the Craviotto every year he makes his one off drums..

I had a very nice one with a unique wood that I held on to for about four years and it did go up in value.

So the production versions would not hold value like the limited edition and one off models..

I'm not sure about the other models mentioned.

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here