Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Question about vintage Avedis Zildjian hi hats

Ok, so we all know that Hollow Block Stamp hi hats are very rare. Only a handful of pairs have surfaced in the past few years.

So my question is - during the Hollow Block / '50s Large Stamp era, were most hi hats Trans Stamps or late '50s small stamps? Did they extend the Trans Stamp for hats only, or did they use the late '50s small stamp on hats before using it on rides? My guess is that they used the late '50s small stamp on hats while the Hollow Block was being used on rides, but I'm curious as to what others think.

-Bill

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 11 years ago

bill

old post. but i was sitting here wondering the same thing. did you ever get any answers on this?

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

Am I right that there are lots of small stamp hats, much fewer trans-stamps, and very few hollow block hats?.......marko

Posted on 11 years ago

ive seen a decent amount of small stamp hats and trans stamp hats,hardly any hollow block hats. maybe we don't see as many trans stamp hats because people really like them and just hang on to them. just a theory or guess really. the trans stamp era lasted for a pretty long time. there should be plenty of those around i would think.

mike

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here