Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Possibly Interesting Ride

So here's a couple of picks of a ride I picked up this weekend. It's 20", weighs about 2475g, hollow logo on underside and stamped as an A made in Canada. The first thing I noticed about this ride is that it appears to be hand hammered. I thought that the only hand hammered cymbals that came out of the Canadian plant were the K line. Can anybody tell me what I've got here?

[IMG]http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=166744[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.drumforum.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=166745[/IMG]

Posted on 11 years ago

you don't have anything. there aren't any pictures.

The New Brunswick factory hammered a lot of cymbals. A's, K's, Zilco's and then Sabian's; still do.

Posted on 11 years ago

From calfskin

you don't have anything. there aren't any pictures. The New Brunswick factory hammered a lot of cymbals. A's, K's, Zilco's and then Sabian's; still do.

I can see the pics just fine. Software weirdness?

The cymbal looks hammered in a different style to the A Zildjians of the day (with concentric rings of hammering). It looks more like the early Sabian HH series in hammering style, or the early Ks from North America. Never mind the hammering style, what does it sound like?

Posted on 11 years ago

the pic deal was happening here last week too. I cannot see them this time. but earlier I could see them and others could not. strange...

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

Ok thanks. I thought they hand hammered K's only before the switch to Sabian.

From calfskin

you don't have anything. there aren't any pictures. The New Brunswick factory hammered a lot of cymbals. A's, K's, Zilco's and then Sabian's; still do.

Posted on 11 years ago

Could be a Deep Ride? They were A Zildjian range and featured hand hammering.

Posted on 11 years ago

From the limited info I could find on the Deep Ride I think they were heavier than this. Not a big deal. It's a great ride.

From supraphonic

Could be a Deep Ride? They were A Zildjian range and featured hand hammering.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here