So, I got a nice 18" UFIP Ritmo 7.

I was actually looking for a crash (16"-ish), but this thing came with a stand, which I could really use, and together they made a good deal.

Anyway, I wasn't sure whether to post about it, but I am still moderately curious about its age and type, so here goes...

I figured out the Ritmo series was introduced late 60's, but this one has some "swirling" texture to it (hard to get a clear picture of it), so I guess it could be rotocast, which started later?

The problem is, I can't find any ink on it. It must have been wiped off some time ago, or perhaps it never had any ink?

I don't know if it's possible to date a UFIP by stamp only?...

TYPE:

It's an 18" thing, but quite heavy. I put it on a set of people scales (I know, inaccurate), which puts it to 1.9 kg = 1900 grams, so I guess it's somewhere between 1800 and 2000, which would make it a really heavy crash :p (if it were a crash).

Also, I have been able to try it out a little, and it seems to be a ride to me, but I'm still thinking it could be a crash/ride?

It's a bit louder/sharper than my med 20" Avedis ride (not talking about pitch)

Thanks!

Additional rambling:

Someone carved an "X" on the bottom of the cup :p. And it's got some green gunk, but only small spots.

I tried it; it has a lot of sustain, and it's relatively clean.

I had it hanging next to my 20" med Avedis ride, and tried some stuff; I actually like to use them together. The UFIP is slightly louder/sharper, and the difference in pitch is less than I had expected.

The UFIP bell is too sharp/loud to my liking, but the Avedis fills that spot.

So I ended up alternating between them, slightly crashing them, and they washed over each other beautifully, really cool playing like that.

Only problem is, I'd like to drag this one with me when using the Avedis, but it adds another 2 kg to my cymbal bag. Ugh!

(Oh, and I still didn't find my crash :()