Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Polishing/restoring

I bought an old cymbal from Clist, Zild A. It appears like someone was trying to remove some oxidation from it, and really went aggressive on the polish, the polished spots seem to have more of a sliver hue rather than brass, I was wondering if I should polished it again to trey to blend it? how do most poeple clean polish these lids anyway?

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]You have a few options:

1) Groove Juice or Sabian Performers Cymbal Cleaner: these are acid-wash cleaners...spray 'em on, and the chemicals dissolve the existing patina/oxidation. Rinse or wipe off, then wash with mild dish detergent.

This stuff will dissolve ink logos.

The cymbal will be brought back to an almost-new looking condition.

Depending on your tastes this is either desireable or not...because removing all patina will brighten the sound a bit.

2) Wright's Copper Cream: Wet the cymbal, apply the paste GENTLY with the sponge and lather it up a bit. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and rinse. Repeat if desired. When done. Wash with mild soap again. It will lighten ink logos a bit, but will not remove them.

The advantage of Wright's is, it does NOT remove everything all at once. In order to remove all oxidation/patina, one needs to do repeat applications. So...one can STOP after a few applications and some patina will still remain.

Hope this helps.....

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here