Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.86639%

Please help identify this A Zildjian

I recently received what appears to be a 22" Vintage "A" Zildjian cymbal from the 1950's. From what I was able to read, I throught I had a $800 trans stamp, but the guy interested in the cymbal said "No".

Please take a look at these pictures and help me identify what I have. I don't want to rip anyone off, and I don't want to get ripped off, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

Posted on 14 years ago

Randy, I don't think it's a trans stamp.

Wait till Jaye or Drumaholic chime in. They can help you.

Jeff
Posted on 14 years ago

I believe it's Late 50's / Early 60's. A Trans Stamp has a more deeply pressed in Z and Co, I'll attach a photo.

Just out of curiosity, what led you to believe this one was a Trans Stamp? It seems there have been a lot of falsely identified Trans Stamps on ebay in the past few weeks, and I'm wondering if there is a source of misinformation floating around somewhere.

Thanks,

Bill

1 attachments
106.3 kB
http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From mlvibes

I believe it's Late 50's / Early 60's. A Trans Stamp has a more deeply pressed in Z and Co, I'll attach a photo.Just out of curiosity, what led you to believe this one was a Trans Stamp? It seems there have been a lot of falsely identified Trans Stamps on ebay in the past few weeks, and I'm wondering if there is a source of misinformation floating around somewhere.Thanks,Bill

Bill, your so right on ebay now It honestly seems like hey i've got a zildjian cymbal $:confused:$Bump$$ It's a Trans stamp $$$$ money money money, PLEASE they didn't make 12 million of the freakn things!!Violin

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Late 1950's.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]My guess is...since some Trans stamps were made in the '50's....people are thinking that the '50's A they have is automatically a Trans-stamp A.

Nice cymbal, nonetheless....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

It doesn't look like a trans stamp to me.

Gawwwwwwwwwly! What's with all the trans stamp talk lately? Maybe I should unload mine, if they're practically selling for more than their weight in gold...

1970 Ludwig Downbeat
1965 Ludwig Hollywood
1970 Ludwig Jazzette
Posted on 14 years ago

So, what would a 22" Vintage 1950 cymbal like this one be worth?

Posted on 14 years ago

In response to Bill's question, I just misunderstood what a transition stamp was. My fault. Now I know.

My question now is what it may be worth. I have a guy willing to trade some stuff and I need a value. to start with.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Randy

Posted on 14 years ago

From N2vintagedrums

In response to Bill's question, I just misunderstood what a transition stamp was. My fault. Now I know.My question now is what it may be worth. I have a guy willing to trade some stuff and I need a value. to start with.Thanks for everyone's input.Randy

Hi Randy, sorry, didn't mean to put you on the spot. I'm supposed to know a lot of info as a dealer, and yet constantly get things wrong...no big deal. Was mainly just wondering if there was source of bad info out there that people were finding through google or something.

As for your cymbal, it really depends on the weight. The average late 50's 22" A Zildjian tends to sell for around $250.

Thanks,

Bill

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here