Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

Picked up a nice 22 incher A. The stamp has me a little confused!

Howdy. I picked up this nice 22" a ride yesterday for 140 bucks. I feel that's pretty fair(considering it was in NYC). It's in real nice shape, no keyhole, no dents, etc. The seller said it was 60's, and it looks it by the lathing, but the stamp seems a little like a hollow stamp, the Zildjian is in a different font than all other lettering(the Z is what looks a little hollow to me). Also, if you look at the pic, the whole stamp is a little crooked on the cymbal. Seems a little weird. The stamp measures at 1 1/4 inches top to bottom. Any input? Thanks.

Larry

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r241/ohlm79/22Aride006.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r241/ohlm79/22Aride004.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r241/ohlm79/22Aride003-1.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 14 years ago

200 would of been a good deal...you got a GREAT deal!!..how does she sound?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

Sounds good. It seems a LITTLE on the heavy side, not too much though. Nice stick definition, great bell. That's what I was looking for, as a have an older A 22" that is really thin. This could one could become the main ride.

Larry

Posted on 14 years ago

Those 60.s Zildjy,s had magical bells,i,ve re discovered that just recently when i made a trade for 5 older pies...They really are special1

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

That's the mid to late 60's. A true 'hollow stamp' is actually one of the 3 large stamps. On those, the entire trademark is larger than on yours and measures 2" tall.

Posted on 14 years ago

Just to clarify a little bit, the stamp is actually 1 3/16" tall, not 1 1/4" like earlier stated. According to the timeline, that places it at eariler 60's, not later, no? The timeline states that the later 60's stamps where 1 1/2" tall. Just wondering, trying to pinpoint the stamp. Thanks for the info, it's alway great.

Larry

Posted on 14 years ago

From 76duece

Just to clarify a little bit, the stamp is actually 1 3/16" tall, not 1 1/4" like earlier stated. According to the timeline, that places it at eariler 60's, not later, no? The timeline states that the later 60's stamps where 1 1/2" tall. Just wondering, trying to pinpoint the stamp. Thanks for the info, it's alway great.Larry

That's still mid to late based on the appearance alone.

Just out of curiosity who's timeline were you using?

Posted on 14 years ago
Posted on 14 years ago

From 76duece

Oh that's that guy Bill Hartrick. Don't believe anything that a**hole says. He doesn't know squat.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Drumaholic

Oh that's that guy Bill Hartrick. Don't believe anything that a**hole says. He doesn't know squat.

Laughing H

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here