Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Pearl Ride on the bay - Why so high?

Hey guys,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pearl-20-Ride-Cymbal-for-Drum-Set-Straight-or-Boom-Stand-/271075057910?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1d5520f6&nma=true&si=4bJ19ayX4ROymz89YHzla8MnldU%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

PICS:

http://www.use.com/4c13181b24b66534b451#photo=1

Can anyone tell me why this went so high? $60 for a Pearl Ride??? What exactly is it? Looks to be good metal, but scratched all to heck. Steel wool?

No logo on top (anymore?).

John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 11 years ago

Economics 101 answer: 5 bidders and 27 bids. That's what you want in an auction to get a good price if you are the seller.

Cymbal enthusiast answer: there are some really nice "old Js" and they are good buying at $61. Not everybody knows about them yet.

Scratches: looks like over enthusiastic cleaning perhaps. I hope it wasn't the seller.

Posted on 11 years ago

"There are some really nice old J's"....What are "J's"?I noticed a made in Canada stamp-Sabian?

Posted on 11 years ago

From teverson-sr

"There are some really nice old J's"....What are "J's"?I noticed a made in Canada stamp-Sabian?

Old Js is a term I learned from JDA. Old Japanese branded rides. In this case Pearl branded, although it seems to have been made in Canada -- which depending on the year means Zildjian (when they had the factory in their name) or Zildjian, Robert (now trading as Sabian but with plenty of Zildjian DNA).

Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks for the info.Good sounding cymbals from totally unexpected sources.Next is-look for the early 80's ZBT's (not really).I was seriously surprised that early Amir's are now "sought"after,as I owned a few and did not think much of them at all.But the Paiste 505's-that's a different story.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here