Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Paiste Stanople

I've got a 17" cymbal, and the mark says" STANOPLE Made in Swtizerland Paiste" Does anyone know when it was made ?

peace

Posted on 17 years ago

Hey, great cymbal. Stanoples were some of the first cymbals made by Paiste after the Swiss factory was started in 1957 and were made until sometime in the mid 60's. They were a mid line cymbal below the Stambuls but above the Dixies. I think most of them were NS12 Nickel Silver but there may have been B8 cymbals also.

Can you determine the material? Can you post a pic?

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted on 17 years ago

I don't know much about cymbal material, but I do know that it is 17-7/8", and the finish is more silver. Here are a few pics.Cool

Posted on 17 years ago

Yes, it looks to be NS12 having the characteristic chicken pox patina....and of course a silvery hue would be a telltale sign too. These cymbals tended to be quite thin and were subject to damage...often a dented bell. Overall, yours looks to be very nice - even with the minor keyholing....not a sound issue. They have a real shimmer when played and can be nice as a light crash/ride in a jazz setting....or as an accent cymbal. Thank you for posting your pictures.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here