Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.26931%

Paiste light 20" crash or ride..

Hey fellow vintage Paiste guys.. Sorry about the title but i couldn't think of a suitably descriptive title for what i need to know..

I'm currently looking for a 20" crash or thin ride similar to my very thin, vintage black label 505 crash/ride, but something darker and even thinner..I thought of the 404's, which i love.. Any thoughts..?

I may be also considering one of Paiste's newer lines in a 20" crash..

The goal is to find a less intrusive, overbearing light ride that crashes nicely as well.. It's going to be hard to find because my 505 black label is just a beautifully warm cymbal, with just enough wash, a great crash that isn't too quick on the decay, not too long on the sustain, and more importantly, not too loud.. This is for one of my supper club gigs, which can get rowdy, but not as loud as a regular club gig..

Posted on 9 years ago

There is currently a 20" Medium 404 on eBay. The seller says it weighs 1840g. Search for item number 321628414493. I would post a link here but they just get replaced with a large blank area...

Posted on 9 years ago

Gerry / Hazleshould has sold a couple of these 404 20in rides....along with sound files that he records so well. Check out the Ebay completed listings to try to find it and give it a listen. It might be exactly what you are looking for. It sounded fabulous.

BTW - I have a 20 inch 505 Medium and it is AMAZING as a Ride/Crash. I would not describe it as mellow though. But classy, dynamic (large range), wet ride, and a great crash. Mine is likely just like yours.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago

I just found a pretty mint 404 ride on a local chain of pawn shops we have in my province here in Canada, which not too far from where i live.. I will contact them and ask if they will ship.. It's just too far for public transport and i don't drive.. We'll see what happens..

Thanks to all for the input ..

Posted on 9 years ago

Also - FYI, there is one for sale at musicgoround for $60.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here