Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.06681%

Paiste Formula 602 what,s closest in NEW Paiste,s?

G,day to all &any John Bonham/Ludwig&Paiste fanatics/freaks! & fellow 'Aussies" ! ;).What,s the closest in NEW Paiste,s in 15" sound edge hi-hats to Formula 602,s also 15" sound edge hi-hats?

Ta mates! :)

Ado.

Posted on 14 years ago

Paiste new doesn't have anything that compares to old 602's, but the 15" soundedges are still very much available, the New red lettered ones sound awesome!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

yea you're not gonna get that full glassy sound that a 602 brings.

basically all new cymbals can't compare to old ones.

however!

i am selling a 21" Sabian Vault Artisian medium ride (1 of 100) and my uncle (who has been playing since the sixties/has 602's) said that the cymbal reminds him of a Paiste Sound Formula and a 602.

lemme know if you're interested!

:D

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

The Paiste Twenty series was made out of B20 alloy,same as 602's.....but..I don't think they are making them anymore,............

I have a 18" Twenty series China in great shape if you are interested.....also,a 20" 602 Ride.......

Blair

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 14 years ago

they still make the twenty series.

we got a brand new set of hats in my store.

still..nothing compares to the original!

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

But appears that the 20's are no longer hand hammered.

That's sort of like what Zildjian did with the EAK's. Hand hammer them at first, get everybody talking about them, and buying them, and then suddenly switch over to machine hammering them....all on the QT. Sort of a bait and switch type a thing.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here