Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Paiste cymbal marked 114226 - What line is this?

I recently aquired a drum set that contained 2 vintage 50's Zildjian cymbals and 1 PAISTE cymabls marked with nothing more that the name "PAISTE" and the numbers "114226". Does anyone know what year this may have been manufactured, the series and maybe the approximate value of this cymbal???

I am at a loss on this one...

Posted on 14 years ago

What type of cymbal is it? If it has nothing other than the name Paiste and the serial number it can be anything made by Paiste in the 80's. Check the top of the cymbal or the right side, there should be something else. Guesstimate is it's made in 1981 with a 6 digit number and the name Paiste above it.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

A picture says a thousand words... If I had to guess with what you've given us so far... 1981, several possible lines to choose from with that numbering.

1968 Slingerland Red Sparkle
Posted on 14 years ago

I have looked everywhere on the cymbal, and I find no other marks on the cymbal.

I need to take a pic and post it.

Posted on 14 years ago

If it has:

PAISTE

engraved just below the bell, it is most likely from 1981. Above that, at 12 o'clock nearer the edge, you might find another engraved stamp. I have a couple where the engraving is almost completely worn off; I knew where to look but still needed a magnifying glass to locate it. I personally love the detective work; it really adds value to the whole experience.

Posted on 14 years ago

Yeah...I actually went over the entire cymbal with a magnifying glass, but was unable to find any other marking. It must have worn off over time. But you hit the nail on the head, the engraving is just below the bell.

Thanks for the information. It sounds like it is from the 80's.

Posted on 14 years ago

One more thing though...is there a way to tell what line this is, since the engraving is gone?

Posted on 14 years ago

there are folks here that can call it from ten paces away - but they need to see it. The hammering, the lathing, the size and shape of the bell, the weight, the color (or just the hue), the wear on the underside, so many clues...

Posted on 14 years ago

Here are the pics

Posted on 14 years ago

From N2vintagedrums

Here are the pics

I am a Paiste guy that is a early sound creation , hope this helps, mark

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here