Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

Paiste black label availability?

Affter getting a pair of 14" Paiste black label 2002 SE hats and finding out how much I like them I now have the bug for crashes and a ride. My question is how easy is it to find an 18" and 20" crash and a 24" ride? I have looked at the common places and havn't had much luck so far. I havn't looked hard yet but I am wondering if these sizes are hard to find and how expensive they are?

Posted on 14 years ago

the 18" are on ebay ever once in awhile the 20" not as much and a 24" almost never and will cost you another mortgage payment, look at the reissues they are just as good and come along more than the old ones do,

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

there's and 18" black labeled 18" crash on ebay right NOW the item number 170423956483

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

there's and 18" black labeled 18" crash on ebay right NOW the item number 170423956483

Thanks for the info. Are the reissues basically a 2002 red label but with the black label or did Paiste try to duplicate the old vibe? I had a pair of 15" red label 2002 SE's and the 1978 14" black labels I recently aquired sound much better, to me anyways.

Posted on 14 years ago

the red and black really is the same, it must be the size difference, or just your particulare hats, the reissues are very excellent sounding, they took examples of the old ones sampled them and duplicated the best of the best,

Posted on 14 years ago

Personally, i don't like the 2002 crashes i like the medium crashes far better, that is what bonham used the mediums they have a more crystal sound to them, that is the same with the ride cymbals a 22" sounds completely different than the 24' does i prefer my 24" over my 20" or 22" Clapping Happy2

Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

Personally, i don't like the 2002 crashes i like the medium crashes far better, that is what bonham used the mediums they have a more crystal sound to them, that is the same with the ride cymbals a 22" sounds completely different than the 24' does i prefer my 24" over my 20" or 22" Clapping Happy2

You said that you don't like the 2002 crashes but prefer the mediums. Do you mean 2002 medium crashes? I checked that 18" out on ebay and it is currently at $60.00 I know this will go a lot higher but what is a fair price for this cymbal?

Posted on 14 years ago

Yes i meant the entire medium line, the crash mediums and the ride medium, but the ride cymbal will say ride on it that is the medium. this ebay cymbal probably won't go over $200.00 let me clarify the 2002 line is labled like this one will say crash,one will say medium

Posted on 14 years ago

Ludlover,when the paiste bug bits it doesn't let go, not to confuse you on the two cymbals, if you win this 18" crash you'll love it!! the only way to tell the crash and the medium apart is to have both of them side by side for you to compare to know the difference, hope this helps

Posted on 14 years ago

From vintagemore2000

Ludlover,when the paiste bug bits it doesn't let go, not to confuse you on the two cymbals, if you win this 18" crash you'll love it!! the only way to tell the crash and the medium apart is to have both of them side by side for you to compare to know the difference, hope this helps

I can say that I had a 17" thin crash, 19" crash and a 20" ride not the medium though. I personally didn't care for any of them. They seemed to bright for my taste probably because I have always played Zildjian A's. I currently have a set of reissued Giant Beats. I really like the 20" and the 24" but the 18" not as much. I am considering trying to trade or sell these for some black label 2002's reissues or not will not be a concern. What is the biggest difference I should hear between the GB's and the 2002 medium 18" 20" and 24". The reason I want the black label vs the red label is just to capture the vintage look/vibe.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here