Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.66597%

paiste 602-keyholed pretty badly

I have always wanted a 602 but never had enough cash!! just had the opportunity to by a 20" ride in nice shape but it is keyholed pretty badly.It is the old kind-medium weight and other than the keyhole it is in great shape!! do you think the keyhole will affect the way the cymbal sounds??The seller says it sounds great,and just by chance,he knows my cousin who is a drummer also(bought on ebay-so this is really strange!!) and says i dont have to go through with the sale now,or after i hear the cymbal.I paid 150.00 for it which is pretty cheap for a 602!! what are your opinions?? thanking you in advance,Andy

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]A 602 Medium for $150 is a pretty up the middle market price these days, I think....

It tends to be the medium-thins which fetch up over 200...and the Flat rides which get up over $250....

But, given the keyihole, eh...I probably wouldn't have paid more than $130 or so.

nevertheless...a keyhole will have ZERO effect on the sound of the cymbal. As far as performance, as long as you use a plastic sleeve on the stand, all should be fine..... Enjoy ![/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

what Jaye said.

the only thing I'll add is that the cymbal will probably want to hang into the keyhole so if you want it to move around and not hit it in the same place all the time, install a grommet in the hole.

Posted on 15 years ago

what type of grommet?? where can i find one?? thanks for your help,Andy

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Hardware store. Brass is preferable. If they don't have one which fits, you can buy a drum vent hole/grommet from a drum supply place...again, get brass, and ask which sizes of venthole they carry (there are 3 standard sizes).

Then you'd have to fgure a gentle way to install it ;)

Also, forgot to mention....take a magnifying glass and look at the edges of the keyhole, make sure there are no spidery cracks beginning.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

My 602 is keyholed. I bought it maybe 15 years ago for a pretty good deal and it's never given me a day's trouble. Still sounds great.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Yeah...I mean if the location doesn't seem to be effecting how the cymbal mounts on the sleeve (ie. it;s not so dramatic as to prevent the cymbal from rotating on the stand)...then as long as no cracks are present, it should be structurally stable....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here