Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.46764%

Paiste 602 20" preserial

Nice day too all of you guys.I have been offered a 2o" preserial Paiste 602 ride with very little information for about 220$.I have a couple of pics and video from guy.What information's and pictures should I ask him for?The cymbal is in great condition

Thanks in advance

Here is link to video

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dukili111?feature=mhum

3 attachments
Selling cymbals Made in Turkey

http://turkishcymbalserbia.weebly.com/
Posted on 13 years ago

Looks good in the pics you have. You want to ask if there are any edge nicks or dings. Often they are so small they won't appear in a photograph anyway unless it is an excellent photographer and camera. If there are that's ok (mine has a couple which have not turned into cracks after many years) but it might be a bargaining point to get a bit lower on the price.

The other thing is the weight. It is most likely medium weight, but there were actually several different designations which were stamped in red ink at 3 o'clock (that's with the die stamp 602 at the top). The designations were "thin" "medium" "crash" "heavy" and "ride" or combinations of these. Any identifying ink is usually is long gone due to polishing. You can ask if the seller can detect any red ink (in just the right light) but again I've got preserial 602s which have very faint ink but I can't photograph it.

A simple "medium" (without "ride") would crash and be a bit washier than a "medium ride". The "heavy" is preferred by some for its ping. The "thin" or "thin crash" usually gets a premium price. But mostly you just have to go by weight once the ink designation is gone.

I like 2200g and under. Others like them 2400g and over because they prefer that sound. It is often a tradeoff between better crashing (light ones) and stronger ping (heavier ones). Under 2000g would most likely get that price premium. The video sound quality is poor (as so many are) but it seems like he does get a nice crash out of it once or maybe twice. But I hope it hasn't had too much bashing on by that sort of player. x-mas3

And on the matter of price...since you are in Serbia the prices there will probably be a bit higher that those seen in eBay in the USA. That's a general pattern I've seen in my pricing studies. If I was offered that cymbal in the USA at $220 and it included shipping I would say that is a pretty good deal. Not the cheapest you can find them for, but not bad either. It may be a much better deal where you are.

I've tracked 602 prices on eBay for over 5 years and 602 20" 602s are quite common so I have a big database to consider. Of the 50 20" preserial sales I've recorded for 2010 the average price is $183, in 2009 $172, in 2008 $195 (before the Global Financial Crisis set in the prices were a tiny bit higher). But there is more variation from day to day on eBay than across the years.

Posted on 13 years ago

20" is the most common size for a 602.They made a bunch.....

18" is most common for Turkish K's.

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

The old 602s are beautiful cymbals. I've got a 20" ride that is my go-to cymbal in small clubs or low volume gigs.

Posted on 13 years ago

My preserial number 20" is a medium, I use it for a crash cymbal, the 602's are great but my 2002 black lettered are my cup of tea!!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

I have 3 pre-serial 602 rides 1 is a 22" 602 crash/ride thin ( MY FAVORITE ) the others are 20" medium flat ride and a 20" medium to thin crash/ride which I use as a mostly as a crash. "AWESOME"

Sonor DeliteSeries 10" 12" 14" 22" 14"
Sonor Hilite Series 10" 12" 16" 22" 14"
Peavey Radial Pro 1000 Series 10" 12" 14" 22" 14"
1965 Slingerland 13" 14" 16" 22" 14"
Brewer Custom 12" 14" 22" 13"
Posted on 13 years ago

Hah :D

That was actually my ride c:

But i sold it, unfortunatelly, I'm so sorry now. Great cymbal.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here