Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 133.06889%

Paiste 602 15” Hi hats

Hi folks,

I’ m saving for a „new” pair of 15” Zildjian K light hi hats.

I can get these Paistes for less than half the price of new K's.

They’re Paiste 602 15” hi hats, consecutive serial numbers, weight: 988 and 1044, in good condition.

I keep saving or drive 45 minutes to check them out?

Knowing that I really like the sound of the 15” K lights, what can I expect from these 602’s ?

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

They will not sound like the k's. They will sound like a very good pair of old zildjian a's

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks VM2K,

I have a nice pair of early 15” A’s weighing 882 and 905 grams so I guess there’s a good chance the 602’s sound somehow similar to them.

Posted on 10 years ago

Yes, maybe just a slight bit darker, But just slightly.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 10 years ago

Rare size...

Charlie Watts played those for a bit too I recall...

A guy in town has a stray 15" 602 top I am trying to get...

I would go check them out!

I have a friend in town who I sold a pair of 14" 602 hats to,and he just loves them!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 10 years ago

I guess I should go check them out,...

Seller is asking 225.00, not exaggerated I suppose if they’re in good condition.

Posted on 10 years ago

Those look in real nice shape...

Luckily,no one cleared all the ink off...

Good luck! I think you will like them....

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 10 years ago

Glancing at your pics I can't tell for sure whether we're talking about 15" Hats from the Black Label period or the reissued ones (with the red ink model designation at 3 o'clock removed). Six digit serial numbers would mean originals, 8 digit serial numbers would mean they are from the small number of reissue 15" that Paiste has done.

Black Labels are relatively rare. If you have a look at my ongoing research I've recorded only 4 15" Black Labels out of 40 all up. That's based on plain ones not the Sound Edge ones (you may need to scroll to the relevant section -- and scroll left if the column of labels doesn't show)

http://black.net.nz/cym2011/pcalc2.pdf

Since the Black Label sample is so small (4) the price estimates aren't going to be that well estimated. But if you extrapolate based on the whole 40, I'd say an expected eBay price of $300 plus or minus $100 is what you would expect. So $200 is a great price if they are in good shape.

If they are reissue ones I can't say because there haven't been any 15" reissue sales. But I'd still say it is a good price.

If they don't please you should be able to move them on without taking much of a loss. But...

All of these are prices in USA dollars, and although I include as many European sales as I become aware of my coverage of European pricing isn't as good. I've never been able to get consensus on the relationship between expected prices in the USA vs Europe (or Australia and New Zealand where I am). One of the interests I had when I started the research was getting to grips with differences in pricing in different regions, but due to changes in eBay policy over the years it is getting harder to get good info on where cymbals are sold from and (more importantly) where they are headed to. I also haven't seen consensus on whether used Zildjian prices in Europe are relatively higher than Paiste prices are (and vice versa in the USA). People call it both ways, but there is inadequate discussion of what kind of standardization for currency differences and cost of living is being implied, and just how many sales they are talking about. So far I appear to be the only one who has thousands of data points and makes the data freely available.

You can read more via my signature. The link I gave above is just a direct one to one analysis table.

Posted on 10 years ago

Thank you zenstat,

You’re a wealth of information, I was hoping you would chime in.

The serials are 710649 & 710650 so I guess they’re originals.

The seller also has a 18” Medium Flat Ride for sale.

Serial is 531979 and weights 1702 grams.

Would that make the hats 1977 and the ride 1975 ?

Posted on 10 years ago

Thanks. I'm always happy when my information is helpful to others.

Yes, that's 1977 for the hats and 1975 for the flat ride.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here