Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.66806%

Paiste 2oo2 Rare hats

Hey so I bought some Paiste 2oo2 15" Heavy Hi Hats (made in Switzerland) with the serial number stamp reading

PAISTE

485550 and 485551

i learned that the All caps PAISTE above the stamp indicates that the cymbal was made in the 80's and the first digit of the serial number indicates the year (all of this being only for cymbals made in switzerland, it is different if they are made in Germany) meaning that they were made in 1984. also they are Red label Paiste Hats, and i think (not sure about this one) that Paiste switched from the black label to the red label in 1984?

Now i have searched on Google, Ebay, Amazon, and everywhere else i could think of and i have not been able to find any 15" heavy Hi Hats ANYWHERE!!!

I am trying to sell the Hi Hats, and don't know what i should price them at.

So my question is what is their value, they are not in perfect condition but they still sound fantastic!

Thanks for any help!

Posted on 11 years ago

I have a set of 15" Paiste 2002 Sound Edge hats, from what I believe to be the 70s. They have a black stamp, not sure of a serial number on them. I need to look into verifying where mine were made... never really though about it before your post... thanks!

-Justin

"People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different."- Bob Ross

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music..." - Aldous Huxley
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here